|Submission Opening||Submission Closing||Acceptance Notification|
|December 13, 2017||September 15, 2018||December 12, 2018|
|Late Breaking abstract Opening||Late Breaking abstract closing||Late Breaking Abstract Acceptance Notification|
|February 1, 2019||February 28, 2019||March 31, 2019|
Free Communications are brief presentations (oral or poster) on studies, investigations, or observations in dermatology, and represent a vital component of the Scientific Program of the World Congress of Dermatology.
All Free Communications abstracts must be submitted online through the WCD Congress website at wcd2019milan.org. Select “Online Abstract Submission” and follow the steps making sure to carefully complete all sections. If all sections are not completed, your abstract submission will NOT be accepted.
Rules for abstract submission
- Authors are required to indicate their preference for either ORAL or POSTER presentation by checking the appropriate box on the submission web page. The WCD Free Communications Committee will make the final decision on the format of presentation (i.e. poster or oral). Few selected posters will be scheduled for short oral presentation.
- Acceptance or rejection of abstracts will be based on rankings given by a peer review of experts in the associated topic/category. Results of the selection process will be sent via e-mail to the corresponding author. The Committee decision is final and cannot be appealed.
- Abstracts cannot be identical to any abstract that has previously been presented at a major international meeting prior to the WCD 2019. An update to prior work is acceptable.
- Instructions on the preparation of posters and information regarding projection facilities will be included with the notification of acceptance.
- Submission of an abstract indicates that:
- the author(s) agree to comply with the abstract submission and presentation rules,
- the presentation is based on scientific and/or clinical methods that are ethical and valid, and
- all authors have contributed to and approve the abstract and its entire contents.
- All accepted abstracts will be published electronically on digital media (e.g. CD-ROM) as well as on the WCD 2019 website, and distributed to all delegates.
- Accepted abstracts are official communications of the Congress. The presenting author agrees to register, attends the Congress, and presents the abstract as scheduled by the WCD. The presenting author must register for the wcd by February 16, 2019 before the abstract can officially be accepted for inclusion in the final scientific program and official Program Book.
- The evaluation and scoring of the abstract (acceptance as poster or as oral communication, or rejection) will be made according to a number of criteria, including:
- Scholarly and/or research validity
- Educational value
- Clarity of presentation
- Potential impact on global dermatology